Friday, April 3, 2009

My latest adventure in the kitchen was making "Death by Chocolate" for my boss's birthday.



Ingredients:
2 packages chocolate mouse (milk is needed to for mix) I think I will use 4 next time.
1 Devils's Food Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury) (eggs, oil, and water)
4 Skor bars
2 8 oz tubs of Cool Whip
1 cup Kahlua

Make mousse according to box directions
(Mix 2 packets with 2 cups milk and refrigerate 2 hours)

Bake cake according to box directions
(Mix cake mix, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, and water, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes)

Remove cake and use fork to create holes in cake. Pour the 1 cup Kahlua over top of cake and let cool.

Crumble Skor bars (I used a mini food processor) you could place candy in bag and hammer.

When cake is cool and mousse is chilled

Using a large bowl or Triffle dish crumble half the cake in the bottom, layer on half of the mousse, layer 8 oz cool whip, and lastly half the skor pieces. Repeat layers.

Ready to eat or refrigerate for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment